Even though it is a relatively old practice, many women have difficulty breastfeeding. Knowing this, we put together this content to present four breastfeeding tips for beginner moms . After the mother conceives the baby, she can start breastfeeding. Breastfeeding, according to studies carried out, is an essential activity to strengthen the health of the child, as well as to develop it.
How about buying your nursing pillow cover and breastfeeding your baby in comfort?
In this perspective, according to an article published by Revista Crescer, breast milk is the most important, complete and balanced food for the child, and he should receive it by the sixth month , counted from the date of his birth.
1. Make sure your baby isn’t hungry
One of the first things you should do during the breastfeeding process for new moms is to check that your baby isn’t hungry.
As is known, in the first months of the child, the communication process is relatively difficult, especially for the baby, since he is in his initial learning phase. That’s when he learns to communicate with his mother, giving her signs that he’s hungry.
However, today, there are some knowledge that are taught so that a mother is able to identify if her child is hungry. Meet some of them:
- The baby biting any object can be a sign that he is hungry;
- The baby seeks the mother’s nipple in an attempt to drink breast milk;
- If the baby is putting his fingers in his mouth, it could be a sign that he thinks it’s his mother’s nipple.
2. Adopt a comfortable breastfeeding position for new moms
It is a fact that breastfeeding is an attitude of love towards the child, considering the importance of breast milk for the child’s development. However, breastfeeding is a process that can be tiring if the mother does not adopt a comfortable position to do so.
Some experts on the subject give guidance on the ideal position for a mother to feel comfortable when breastfeeding. Some are:
- If the mother prefers to breastfeed the child lying down, this should be done by placing her in a position that makes the process comfortable. For example: the mother on her side and the baby lying in front of her, towards her chest.
- In case the mother prefers to breastfeed the child in a position (standing), this must be done in order to preserve the health of her spine. For this, keep your back straight.
3. Put the baby to the breast
After choosing the best position to breastfeed your baby, it’s time to place him on your chest.
In the beginning, many mothers find this process difficult, which is common, considering that the child is in the initial learning phase and finding the mother’s breast is a challenge that must be facilitated by the manager.
Some breastfeeding experts teach some techniques that can facilitate the process of putting the breast in the baby’s mouth:
- First, according to them, the mother should touch the nipple to the child’s upper lip or nose, in such a way as to make him open his mouth wide;
- Afterwards, the mother must introduce the nipple into the child’s mouth and make sure that she, in fact, has taken a good bite of the region where the mother’s milk comes out.
In the first weeks of breastfeeding, experts recommend that the mother offer the baby both breasts, so that she gets used to it, as well as to generate greater milk production. The child should nurse between 10 and 15 minutes each breast.
4. Carefully remove the baby from the breast
So that the mother does not injure herself by having her nipple injured, she must carefully remove the baby from the breast.
Some professionals specializing in the breastfeeding process teach that the mother should place her little finger in the corner of the child’s mouth while she is breastfeeding. Upon contact with the little finger, the child will gradually release the nipple, not hurting the mother.
Now that you know some breastfeeding tips for new moms, put them into practice. Combined?